November 21, 2009

Baked Wings

I love chicken wings, but then again - who doesn't? I've started recently baking chicken instead of frying it and thought that I should try it with wings. It ended up delicious, with a nice spicy kick.

To make the chicken, I took a package of 6 wings - separated the drumettes from the wings and removed the wingtips. I pat the pieces dry with paper towels and sprinkled both sides with salt and pepper. Then I placed the pieces fat side down on a ceramic pan (cast iron skillet would work even better) and placed in an oven set at 425. I flipped over the pieces after 20 minutes, and cooked for another 15 minutes.

To make the sauce, I melted 2 tbsp of butter and added about 2 tbsp ketchup, 1 tsp paprika, salt, pepper, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp thai sweet chili sauce and some Louisiana Hot Sauce to taste. I poured this in a large bowl and coated the wings in them.

Sweet, crispy, tangy and hot. Simple and cheap to make and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment